These are my tried and true recipes for anyone that is interested. I am a busy mom of three, and a full time student, so I dont have a lot of time to waste in making a lot of things. I look for simple and reliable recipes! These are my favorites, and they are easy! Enjoy them! If you have comments on them, please comment under the recipe!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

French Dip Sandwiches

FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
(this is our family FAVORITE)

MEAT

  • 2 Frozen (4lb each) Chuck Roasts
  • Salt the roasts, place in crock pot.
  • Add two cups water.
  • Crock pot on low 10-12 hours (250 degrees)
  • Once Roast is cooked, de-bone and de-fat the roast. Pour off juice, save 4 cups of the broth. Freeze the rest.

DIPPING SAUCE

  • 4 Cups water
  • 4 Cups broth
  • 1 Cup soy sauce
  • 2 tsp Rosemary
  • 2 tsp thyme
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 1 tsp pepper

  • Mix up the dipping sauce and heat it up. Serve the meat on fresh homemade (or other favorite hoagie) buns. Dip into the dipping sauce and enjoy!

A variation you can also do is to add cheese to the bread you are using. Any condiments such as tomatoes or lettuce would be good too. I have also toasted the sandwich and used the dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment